- solid colours are preferable; darker colours are slimming and paler colours maximise width
- solid black works well photographically, but avoid wearing solid whites unless underneath a jacket
- avoid stripes, distracting patterns and slogans or logos if possible
- bring a jacket to provide you with a choice of wearing it or not in the final images
- ensure that business shirts are ironed or consider bringing a spare ironed shirt
Hair and make-up
- if required, bring a hair brush or comb and any hair products; we will have a mirror on hand
- you may want to consider using a slightly darker brow pencil and eyeliner to emphasize eyes
- brighter lipsticks and blush tend to look more flattering in photographs rather than darker
- face powder eliminates shine
- avoid foundation that contains high amounts of reflective pigment or sparkle
- a hair and makeup artist can be organised on request, for a reasonable fee
Friendly directions about how to stand and head positioning are the photographer and stylist's responsibility. As a client your role is simply to attempt to relax and smile! A variety of expressions may be asked for, smiling and not smiling, depending on what and where your portrait is intended for.
Images are given basic enhancements. Specific retouching can be applied on request.